Bedhead Hat Arlo Rainbow Baby Legionnaire UPF50+ Sunhat with Chin Strap (Heritage Collection) - Sizes 3-6 Months
This is my pick of the current range of Heritage Hats. Everybody loves a rainbow and the meaning that it represents. Our Rainbow from Bedhead Hats features navy, green, blue, gold & pink colour combinations. We absolutely adore this take on the beautiful Rainbow.
This Baby Legionnaire is so soft and comfortable and will not irritate your baby. Even the most hat-hating baby will enjoy wearing this style. Designed to protect the ears and back of neck, it is perfect for bubs who are in a pram, carrier or are crawling around. It is lightweight and is rated UPF50+ for excellent sun protection
Bedhead Legionnaire hats are the best style to convert a stubborn hat-hater as they are not easy to pull off and are not within eyeline.
Made from a silky to touch woven cotton fabric, this hat has an 2 way stretch. It is important to note that with the Heritage Range of Bedhead Hats does not have the same amount of stretch as our standard range of Bedhead Hats. In particular, with the baby & infant age groups, we strongly advise that you size your hat up by 4-5 cm from your child's head size. Therefore if you find your child's head measures 38cm, we would recommend that you purchase a hat that is at a minimum 42cm. Please note, this sizing advice only applies to the Hertiage Range of hats by Bedhead Hats.
As an example (from my own personal experience), my son at 10 months old and was slightly petite for his age. In the standard Bedhead Hats he wears a 6-12 months size and still has quite a bit of room to grow into it. In the Heritage range, he is currently wearing 1-2 years and although this is slightly big on him, we found the 6-12 months size was just too snug for him.
Baby Legionnaires are suitable for babies and toddler using prams and carriers and similar devices.
Features about the Legionnaire:
- soft back flap sits gently under the child's neck when they are laying down in a pram.
- In October 2019, the Heritage Collection was updated to include a comfortable elastic band on the inside of the hat. This allows for the hat to have a more comfortable fit for the child wearing it. The crown of the hat is also slightly deeper for a bit more room. These changes were made based on customer feedback in regards to the Heritage range. We would like to reiterate that these changes are simply improvements to the design. We will be phasing out the older design. Regardless, based on information below about sizing, it is still recommended that the Heritage range is sized up.
- tested in accordance with Australian & New Zealand Standards 4399
- brim depth meets sun-smart recommendations
- perfect for out and about and childcare
- made from 97% cotton and 3% elastane
- can be washed on a gentle machine cycle and air dried
- stretchy chin strap contains adjustable toggle
If you have concerns about what size to order, please get in touch and we will aim to respond as soon as possible.
Bedhead Hats Legionnaire Sizing (Heritage)
|Age Guide (This is approximate only)||Hat Measurement||Max Size of Child's Head|
|Birth to 3 Months||37 cm||33cm|
|3 - 6 Months||42 cm||38cm|
|6 - 12 Months||47 cm||43cm|
|1 - 2 Years||50 cm||46cm|
|2-3 Years||52 cm||48cm|
|3-6 Years (Legionnaire only)||
No child's head is exactly the same as someone else. In order to ensure an accurate fit, it is best to always measure your child's head before making a purchase. Whilst size guides do still contain an age indication, these are an indication only. No refunds will be provided for purchasing the incorrect size.
Reasons to shop with Scarlett Tippy Toes
- We offer capped priced shipping. No matter where you live in Australia our standard shipping is $8.50. Spend $159 (after discounts) and shipping is on us.
- We offer personalised service. Yes, we are a small business but you a dealing with a real person behind the computer. We are here to answer any questions you have and we will work with you to provide the best service possible.
- We ship daily from Melbourne and all items listed on our website are in stock and ready to send. This means your item will be on its way to you before you know it (for more details about our shipping refer to our terms and conditions)
- We stock a number of brands that you know and love, making us a one-stop shop whether you want to shop for your own children or you have some lovely gifts in mind.
- I have two children myself and when considering items to sell through Scarlett Tippy Toes, I always consider the uses and functions of the product and if necessary will test with my own kids. My goal is to stock fun and functional products that your children and yourself will love.
- "When you buy from a small business, an actual person does a happy dance" Yep - every purchase made through my business supports my young family and I appreciate every single order that comes through my website.
- We offer flexible payment options including Afterpay, Zippay & Laybuy.